Thursday, February 12, 2009

Table Topics - Paid too much

A friend of mine from work is part of a public speaking group.

He came up with these great table topic questions one day when he was in charge of the discussion.
I thought these were excellent so I decided to publish them one at a time over a few weeks. Feel free to answer any of them in comments or in your own blog or facebook post.  Just let me know if you answer because I would be curious to see what you said.


Tell a story that finishes this sentnce
    • Something for which I paid too much, that was worth it ...


For me it would have to be learning Italian at the U of M.  I calculated this out once and I don't remember now, but I think I paid between $3,000-5,000 to learn the Italian language, plus Books and tapes - yes I am old enough to have had audio tapes in my class not CD's (use wikipedia if you don't know what they are :) which was hundreds in it self.

I say I paid too much because it was way more money than I had to spend on something so frivolous then.  Also I never did make it to Italy to practice my long studied skill.  

It was worth it because I did graduate...eventually, and that was a requirement.  It was also worth it because I came to really enjoy
Roberto Benigni from such films as Johnny Stecchino.  Also it is now on my and Cara's life list to make it to Italy some day.  And that is a wounderfull goal to be able to look out on fondly in the midst of every day life.


So how about you, how would you finish the sentence?


-- more topics to come in the future.

No comments: