Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mission Statments

You may not know it, but I am a geek.


In looking for a folder for taxes this year I found my old mission statement from 1997 and then from 2000. So I present those as exhibit A and B in the case of me being a geek.

1997
  1. I will balance my convictions with my compassion
  2. I will not burn the candle at both ends
  3. I will learn to say No
  4. I will spend one hour alone every day in peace
  5. I will never stop learning
  6. I will trust my own judgement
  7. I will live what I teach
  8. I will get to know my family
  9. I will trust my friends before they have earned it
  10. I will never betray a trust unless a person's future is at risk
  11. I will never lie, cheat, or steal
  12. I will not make a promise that I can't keep
  13. I will keep my mind and body health
  14. 2000 - I will read for at least half an hour for growth or pleasure each day
  15. I will develop Strength of Character by finding ways to be held accountable
  16. I will live as a witness to my family
  17. I will use my time and money and talents wisely in order to glorify God
  18. I will make time to prepare for things that I am committed to
  19. I will be early, not just barley on time (still working on this one)
  20. I will really lift up one person each day
  21. I will get organized
  22. peace...

No comments: