Saturday, January 31, 2009

Layoffs an the grace of God

Well,

We had layoffs in the past week or so at my work and it makes you really evaluate things.  Inserts some unrest into your life also.  It also makes me think about how richly the Lord has blessed me.

I have work, family, home, and many more material possessions than I need for daily living.
Still I end up anxious.  The Lord has delivered me from every difficult time and every trying situation.

He has always provided for every financial need we have ever had in our life, from medical bills to any other unexpected turn of life.

This is what has sunk into my head since the layoffs passed and I still have my job.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving bring your requests to God, and the Peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.


No comments: