Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sign Posts and Fences Part A

We are sign posts for God.

Sounds simple enough, and indeed we are. Some would say we are Christ's ambassadors. That is true too. We really fall short in this way. Do you know I don't' have a phish or bumper sticker on my car, because I am afraid that the way I drive sometimes may make my sign post say "Do Not Enter"? Now I am not making excuses for the way I drive (and with two little girls and a wife I am trying to work in it :) I am trying to make the point vivid. We fail to bring people to Christ sometimes because we don't live out the gospel truth that we love to talk about. God is real. He is alive, and walking among us as his spirit dwells in our bodies.

Do you know that we grieve the spirit sometimes? I am sure I do. Like when you are watching football and your favorite team just dogs the game. It is like they didn't even show up. Yeah like that. That is how God feels about us sometimes, but over something that really matters. The Word of God says so too. Do you know that in some places the bible says that God was sorry he made us? That hurts. But I think that is today a statement as much toward the people who claim to follow him as toward the ones who outright deny him.

Lets stand up and live out the life worthy of the calling which we were given.

No comments: