Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Guitar Lessons

Well, I can't claim that I will ever have any sort of mastery over Guitar. But I did get to live in a house just off campus once where everyone but me was a musician.

During that time I was inspired to buy a guitar. One of our friends helped me find a nice acoustic for cheep. I never really learned how to play, but I did learn a few songs by reading Tab's and how to play a few cords.

SO... Cara said that I should try to learn how to play if I really am interested in it, which I am.

She sent me these three links to online guitar lessons to try to shake off the dust before I go all out and realize I hate it.

I liked this one most but then the theory became too much. The first three lessons were really good. Getting to know how the scales work on the strings could be really helpful though if I could be disciplined enough about it. I did really appreciate the beginning theory though and learning the Cowboy cords. Now I can pick it up and with my sheet of paper sound like the Guitar is being played even when I am not playing a specific song.

This one just seems intimidating because when you first come this video is showing someone play this cool slick.

Not sure about this one yet. Haven't really had time to evaluate it.

No comments: